Student with valid UM student card and driving license can apply for student parking monthly pass;

Application form can be downloaded from STS website via intranet (, the form can also be obtained at STS office or Security Centre;

The following documents must be submitted:

Applicant can send the completed application form and the required documents to STS email ( by using UM student email, or applicant can submit the documents to STS office or Security Centre.

Application is placed on waiting list in sequence of submission and monthly pass is issued accordingly.

Applicant will be informed to collect the monthly pass and to make payment accordingly. Monthly pass is charged in accordance to 《UM Parking Management Rules》. All paid/ pre-paid parking fee and administrative fee is non-refundable.


For existing student parking monthly pass holders, renewal can be done for a maximum of 6 months.

Payment has to be made before the first day of each month, otherwise the monthly pass will become invalid once upon its expiry.

If vehicle does not leave the car park upon expiry of the monthly pass, parking fee will be charged by hours as the regular ticket, and the maximum parking time of eight consecutive days for regular tickets shall apply.

Location for monthly pass renewal:

  1. Room 3019, 3/F, Administration Building (N6), UM (Security and Transport Section);
  2. Room G003c, G/F, Central Teaching Building (E7), UM (Security Centre);
  3. UM Campus Kiosk, which is applicable to:

Office hours of STS office and Security Centre for handling monthly pass renewal:

  • Mondays to Thursdays: 09:00 – 13:00 and 14:00 – 17:45
  • Fridays: 09:00 -13:00 and 14:00 – 17:30


When student is graduated or withdraws, the monthly pass should be returned to STS office or Security Centre one month prior to the valid date of the UM student card.

When student need not use the monthly pass, please also return the monthly pass to STS office or Security Centre.

Please contact Security and Transport Section (STS) through email: , or call us at +853 8822 8651 for information.